Monday, July 16, 2012

Where do *I* shop??


The simple answer?  Everywhere!  Seriously.  Even in places that would probably make you all go "Really??? You shop there???"

I post a lot of deals on here that make some of you go "I can't afford to shop there!" or "I would NEVER shop there!" 

Don't limit yourself just because of your financial situation. Don't think that just because you are in a certain financial bracket that you can only shop in certain stores (or that because you're a certain age you can only shop in certain stores - I know I'm only 25, but I don't just shop at H&M/other trendy stores).  The truth is, there are all sorts of deals and finds in every single store, even high-end department stores.  Literally, I shop everywhere; from Goodwill (you can get brand new items there, you just have to sort through the stuff), to Target, to TJ Maxx/Marshalls, to JCPenney.  I even shop at Nordstroms and Lord and Taylor (why yes, yes I do shop at Lord and Taylor). 

Take a look in my closet and you'll see all sorts of labels.  Some more expensive (but I didn't pay an expensive price for it) and some aren't.  Check out a couple of deals that I found recently; I guarantee they will surprise you!



These Lucky Brand Jeans, I found Saturday while browsing around Lord and Taylor.  This past weekend, they were having one of their huge semi-annual clearance sales, where you get an additional 40% off the already marked down price.  Now at $100, their retail price, no way would I have ever gotten them (no matter how good they make my non-existent butt look).  The markdown price was $49.48, which is already half the original price.  I used their price scanner to see that the additional 40% off knocked the price down to $19.79.

Less than $20 for Lucky Jeans??  That in itself was awesome.  But to make it even more awesome, I had a coupon for an additional 20% off any purchase at Lord and Taylor, which made these jeans less than $16 (before taxes).  That's an 85% savings!  Amazing!!!!!



Next was a stop at Marshalls.  Marshalls and TJ Maxx are popular stores for people that want to get higher end labels for not a lot of money.  This coat you see is a great example of that.  This is a Michael Kors trench coat (in a beautiful turquoise), that I got for under $5 out of pocket.  The Marshall's ticket has the original price at $95, but the actual Michael Kors ticket said $128, minor detail, whatever.  You see this was on clearance for $29 as it was more than likely out from this past spring, maybe even from last fall.  I'm not one to know what's this years fashion or last, especially when it comes to coats. 

This being $29 was already amazing, but I also had a $25 Marshalls/TJ Maxx gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so I used that and wound up paying $4+tax, out of pocket for a Michael Kors coat that retails for at least $100! 


We all know how much I love Target?  I even buy clothes there.  Yup, I really do shop everywhere.  I wear sweaters almost daily to work because it's like Antarctica in my office, so I can never have enough of them.  Last weekend Target released a few new printable coupons for their apparel department.  I usually try to use these coupons when they pop up and I always check the clearance racks first because you can usually get the best deals that way.  So when this $3/1 Women's Merona clothing coupon popped up, I went to the clearance racks to see what I could find and this sweater was there. 

Originally this sweater was about $20, but with the clearance and coupon I got it for $2.98.  A simple basic sweater that I could wear with anything for under $3.  Can't beat it!

All 3 items I've shown you hear retail for a little under $250.  I would never in my life dream of spending $250 for three clothing items.  But I have no issues in the fact that I only spent about $24 for all of them.  That's about 90% savings from their retail values. 

There is no reason why you shouldn't go browsing in ANY store, even if you think it's out of your price range, or maybe someone your age shouldn't shop there (I don't know of too many people my age that shop at Lord and Taylor), or whatever.  Take a look around.  It doesn't have to become your favorite store or someplace you shop at regularly.  But you might be able to find a deal or two even in places that you might not expect to! 

No comments: