Tuesday, August 21, 2012

About Me

Just thought I would give everyone a little update on what has been going on with me since I've been absent here. 

On August 5th I was in a very serious car accident (serious as in I totaled one car and almost totaled another - my own).  There was a malfunction in the steering of my car that caused me to be unable to steer my car properly and I wound up plowing into the side of a parked car.  Luckily for me, the car was parked because if anyone had been in that car, they would be dead.  How I made it out alive is also unbelievable by many people (including myself).  My car was literally sitting inside of another one.  This event has been very painful for me; physically and emotionally.  While I was lucky to make it out without any life threatening injuries, I did bang myself up pretty badly.  Emotionally, this has also been horrifically traumatic as I'm sure many of you could understand.  This is definitely not an experience I would wish on anyone.  I don't doubt that I'll be dealing with the emotional issues from this for quite some time (the fact that this happened 2 days before my 26th birthday didn't help either).  I admit, yes, I am very grateful to be alive but any of you that might have experienced something like this understand that just because I'm grateful doesn't make what I have to deal with any easier.  So I've been recovering and recuperating for the past few weeks.  Physically I'm doing, mostly, fine now (although I did bang my knee up pretty badly to the point of needing physical therapy for it).  So no, I didn't forget this place, it's just been a very rough August for me. 

Thanks for understanding. :)

No comments: